(click here for version 1.1 manual)
Remote Monitor all of your OSXTM, Linux, and Unix Servers from your iPadTM and iPhoneTM
iPad Landscape View
iPhone Landscape View
ULTRA MONITOR is a combination of the ULTRA MONITOR iPhone/iPad application and the free server side UM code (with source).
ULTRA MONITOR lets you use your iPhone/iPad to monitor any number of remote OSX, Linux, and Unix servers from anywhere in the world.
Monitor CPU load, disk partition free space, important processes, and logged-in users. Limits can be set for CPU, disk space, and processes and alarms will be issued if any of the limits are exceeded.
Both the server side code and the iPhone/iPad application are highly customizable and allow you to tailor the information that is delivered and the alarm limits that are set for each type of data.
The server side code can run either as a cgi-bin to your existing web server, or as a standalone server running on any port you desire. If run as a CGI, either secure (https) or regular (http) protocol can be used. The complete source code (server-side) is provided at no cost.
- Universal iPhone and iPad application
- 100% redesigned interface
- Monitors CPU load
- Monitors disk partitions
- Monitors important processes
- Monitors available users
- Monitor any number of servers
- Audio/Vibration trouble alerts
- Voice/Chime alarm sounds
- Highly customizable
- Ping diagnostics
- Graphs CPU load over time
- Free server-side code with source
- Access via cgi-bin or stand-alone server
IMPORTANT: Before purchasing please read the notice below on testing the server side code and differences in Version 2.0
IMPORTANT FOR NEW BUYERS
BEFORE YOU PURCHASE the ULTRA MONITOR iPhone/iPad application, you should first ensure that the free server side code we provide works on the servers you wish to monitor.
- Click here to go to our Server Setup page.
- Download the latest ULTRA MONITOR server side code.
- Follow the instructions to setup the server side code.
- Test the server side code with the built-in TEST function.
Once you have successfully completed the above steps and confirmed that the server side code works on your servers, you can go ahead and purchase the iPhone/iPad application code.
IMPORTANT FOR USERS OF PREVIOUS VERSIONS
BEFORE YOU UPGRADE to Version 2.0 - there has been a change on how the UDID/BLOCK feature of the iPhone/iPad application and server side code works:
In previous versions of UltraMonitor you can BLOCK access or ALLOW access on the server side based on the UDID of the iPhone, which was automatically sent to the server with each request. This was accomplished on the server end by the BLOCK and UDID commands in the server-side configuration file.
Apple has requested that developers no longer transmit the UDID as part of an application - so with version 2.0 this behavior has changed.
If you are currently using the UDID and BLOCK feature and upgrade to Version 2.0 of Ultra Monitor, you should also upgrade your server side software (download here).
If you want to use Version 2.0 of Ultra Monitor with your existing server side code, follow this procedure:
- Upgrade your iPhone/iPad to Version 2.0 of Ultra Monitor
- Start Ultra Monitor... you will probably get alarms due to the new procedure.
- Tap the SETTINGS button.
- Tap the Identity field and enter your devices UDID number.
- Tap DONE.
That will allow you to continue using your older version of the server side code until you have an opportunity to update.
Note that in the new update, the Identity can be any string/number (with a few restrictions). The new server-side code replaces the UDID command with a new ALLOW command - which work identically but allows any identity string.
Once you have upgraded the server-side code we recommend replacing the UDID values in the server-side configuration file with other Identity strings using the ALLOW command. Then change your iPhone/iPad Identity in SETTINGS to match.
OTHER UPGRADE DETAILS
Version 2.0 offers different settings and allows customization at a slightly deeper level than previous versions. The first time you run Version 2.0 the application will attempt to convert your old preferences to the new ones. However, you may wish to double check all settings to make sure they are the way you want.
Please use the following links to find more information about ULTRA MONITOR usage and setup:
- User Manual - Click this link to view the iPhone/iPad ULTRA MONITOR users guide.
- Server Setup - Click this link to download the server side code and view installation instructions.
- Support - Click this link for our Frequently Asked Questions and Troubleshooting Page.
- Contact - Click this link to contact us with questions of feature requests.
home page | user manual | server setup | support | contact | download
© 2012 David Cook.
Apple®, the Apple logo, iPod, iPad, iPhone, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.