This page provies answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Ultra Monitor for iPhoneTM and the Ultra Monitor Server-Side code.
If you do not find an answer to a question you have please use our Contact Page to send us your question.
This page is divided into two sections:
FAQ for Ultra Monitor for iPhone
|Q:||Ultra Monitor stops running as soon as I start it or gives a Low Memory warning.|
|A:||Completely power your iPhone off and then power it back on and try again. If the problem persists, delete the Ultra Monitor app from your iPhone and reinstall and reconfigure it.|
|Q:||I see an alert box complaining about my certificate|
|A:||This indicates that you are accessing your server using HTTPS (SSL), secure protocol. The iPhone has detected a problem with your servers secure certificate (the error should indicate the problem). Usually this means the certificate is not trusted (such as a self-signed certificate) or the certificate has expired. To solve this, replace your certificate with a valid certificate or use HTTP (non-secure) mode instead (edit your servers configuration in the iPhone and set the SECURE switch to HTTP instead of HTTPS).|
|Q:||I made an error entering a server address and now it is giving me alerts too fast for me to edit the name.|
|A:||As quickly as possible tap on the SETTINGS icon (the gear) and quickly flick the scroll wheel to select a long pause. Since settings take immediate effect, the next pause should give you ample time to edit or delete the server. If this is still not good enough, simply remove the Ultra Monitnor app from your iPhone and reinstall it and reconfigure your servers.|
|Q:||Ping Diagnostics shows a red timeout for one of my servers that I know is OK.|
|A:||Ping Diagnostics utilizes a TCP PING (rather than a UDP PING, which are more likely to fail). However, in some situations a router, firewall, or server might be specifically setup to block TCP PINGs (usually to discourage ping attacks, etc). Talk to your network administrator or bandwidth haul to see if they are blocking TCP PINGs.|
|Q:||What can I do to increase battery life?|
|A:||Try any of the following tips:|
- Turn "Ping" off in the Ultra Monitor Settings Pane (avoids unnecessary audio)
- Set a longer, rather than shorter delay on the Scroll Wheel in the Settings Pane
- Avoid using BOUNCE mode (especially if you are not looking at the display)
- Set the iPhone display to as dim as possible while still being able to read the display
- Use only WIFI or Cellular, not both (and turn the other off)
- Set Location Services off (iPhone Settings, General)
- Set Bluetooth off (iPhone Settings, General)
- Turn off 3G and only use EDGE (iPhone Settings, General, Network)
FAQ for Ultra Monitor Server-Side Code
|Q:||The source gives errors when I compile it.|
|A:||Try the following steps in the following order:|
- Try the other make methods (e.g., make linux, make osx, make solaris)
- Contact us and tell us your platform, compiler, and copy/paste the errors you are seeing.
home page | user manual | server setup | support | contact | download
© 2009 Cookware Inc.
Apple®, the Apple logo, iPod, iPhone, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.